- What is Mind-body Wellness Coaching?
- What Health & Wellness Concerns Do You Specialize In?
- What Kinds of Clients Do You Typically Work With?
- Where Do I Meet with You?
- What is My Time Commitment?
- How Much Does it Cost?
- How Do I Know Whether Coaching is Right for Me?
Have more questions? Send them to me at info (a) a journey into health (dot) com, or we can discuss them when we talk.
What is Mind-Body Wellness Coaching?
Mind-body Wellness Coaching allows you to take control of and improve your health situation in a long-term, empowering way. Throughout our time together we will:
- Develop customized wellness goals, which we track and adjust as you change.
- Clarify how your current mindset contributes to keeping you stuck.
- Practice simple, quick, natural techniques designed to fit your busy lifestyle and move you toward achieving your goals. These techniques are based primarily in therapeutic forms of yoga, eating psychology and mind-body nutrition, and energy work. No prior experience, or belief in these tools is necessary, just an openness to experiencing their benefits.
- Increase your stress resilience, so daily challenges don’t sabotage your progress and minor setbacks don’t become major.
- Develop a foundation for navigating conflicting health advice, so you can intuit what’s right for you long after our work together.
- Discover the deeper messages behind your health challenge.
What Health & Wellness Concerns Do You Specialize In?
I specialize in working with people who face the following challenges:
- Trouble falling and/or staying asleep and those with energy concerns
- Stress (anxiety, and overwhelm)
- Emotional eating (binging, overeating, chronic dieting, stress eating) and those with digestive concerns
- Chronic aches & pains
What Kinds of Clients Do You Typically Work With?
Because of my training, my past experience, and who I am today, I typically work with high-level professionals and entrepreneurs mostly between the ages of 30-55. However, I have worked with stay-at-home moms, retirees, and people from all walks of life. I have worked with young adults and people in their 70s. I do not, however, work with children.
Where Do I Meet with You?
I occasionally meet clients in person, and if you’re local to the Waltham, Massachusetts area, it’s certainly an option. I’ll travel to clients in Belmont, Boston, Lexington, Lincoln, Newton, Wayland, Wellesley, Weston, Watertown, etc.
Even if you’re local you might prefer to meet virtually (it’s often saves time) using the video conference software Zoom. We can also talk on the phone. With this option I can coach you no matter where you live!
What is My Time Commitment?
The initial commitment for Mind-body Wellness programs is 12 weeks. That may sound like a lot, but think about how long you have been struggling with your issue–for some clients it’s years. For many clients, it’s MANY years. So, it takes at least this time to start re-training your mind-body system to work differently: to form new habits, to let go of others, and to “ride the wave” of the ups and downs that are inevitable along the way.
New clients meet with me once a week for about an hour, at least initially. That’s where we go through the assessments I’ve created to help you. Our discussions that happen around these assessments help me choose the best homework practices for you. Some people prefer to keep weekly sessions throughout the 90 days; others need less accountability and do bi-weekly sessions.
Each week my clients complete an online check-in form, completed whether or not we meet for session.
How Much Does it Cost?
We’ll discuss this during the complimentary consultation. Why? Because if I suggest a few program options, it’s because I think they’d make the most sense based on what you’ve communicated to me during that discussion. I do have a few options for folks who have financial concerns.
How Do I Know Whether Coaching is Right for Me?
That’s part of why I offer a 20 minute complimentary consultation. I’ll ask you some questions about your health and wellness goals, the life constraints you’re working with, and the techniques you’ve tried before. Then, together with our conversation, we’ll decide whether it makes sense to go further.
The other ways you can learn more about me and my style include signing up for my monthly newsletter, reading my blog posts, checking out my YouTube videos, etc. In the newsletter I frequently announce local talks / workshops, as well as webinars and special coaching programs as they’re being offered.