- The Mind is a Powerful Force When it Comes to Pain – As you might expect, the stress-pain loop also applies to other types of pain, such as back pain.
- How Stress Feeds Migraines: & Something You Can Do About It – Gary Keil, in his article titled “Chronic Pain and Leadership”, says it beautifully: “when pain hits it is wonderfully designed to completely overwhelm every other system.” This means the efficiency and effectiveness of our mind-body systems naturally decrease due to pain.
- Standing Up for Yourself When You’re Feeling Down – My clients often see doctors and other practitioners to help them manage a long-term illness or chronic condition. Regardless of who else my clients see, part of my job as a Mind-body Wellness Coach is to help them ask good questions about their situation and their treatments, so they . . .
- What is your health challenge here to teach you? – If your challenge with your health–or your career, or your relationship(s)–was here to teach you something, what would it be? Stop and ask that question for a brief moment. What arises within you as an answer? While this lesson likely has different specifics for each person, I invite you to consider that at the highest level, the lesson is . . . .
- That ouchy, achy, uncooperative body! – If you frequently experience aches and pains around your neck and shoulder areas, you could be suffering from a relatively new condition: text neck. As we look down at our devices, the angle of our neck can be anywhere from 0-60 degrees; as the degree increases, so does the force of gravity upon our cervical spines—from 10-12 lbs. with a 0 degree angle (i.e. “good posture”) to a whopping 60 lbs.
This section highlights just some of the videos available on my YouTube channel! Please subscribe there to be notified of updates as they are posted.
Relieve Shoulder Tension & Improve Posture
Simple Low Back Pain Relief with Knees to Chest Pose (Apanasana)
Calm Yourself in Under 5 Minutes
Cortisol Release Technique
Chakravakasana : a gentle stretch for an achy or stiff back
Anxiety Relief with Sun Breaths
What a yoga (therapy) practice looks like
20 Minute Healing Practice
45-Minute Gentle Yoga Practice
Legs Up the Wall (or Chair) Pose
Gentle Yoga with Kali: Centering
Introduction to Reiki