- Are you struggling with pain that’s lasted for months or years?
- Do you lack a diagnosis, or have one that remains unsolved by conventional and alternative treatments?
- Are you worn-down, anxious, or depressed by this condition which prevents you from fully participating in your life and contributing to your family?
You probably think you’ll never find a fix for your pain situation. Maybe you even feel like one of these days as you’re plugging through, you’ll just keel over, and then maybe someone will figure out what’s wrong! Or, you might be wondering what you did to deserve this. While you know medications can help, you’re also wary and/or concerned about the effects of taking them long-term. You’re willing to get to the bottom of this. You just need some clarity.
The truth is, you can. In cases of chronic pain, a diagnosis is not likely to fix you. Medications can get you over a rough patch, AND healthy, long-term solutions often involve making significant lifestyle changes. It’s often difficult to slow down the pace of our lives, but it’s necessary when our bodies are rebelling and trying to convey an important message. The fastest path to healing is to stop, listen, and learn.
My 12-week program for chronic pain can help you do that. When you invest in Mind-body Wellness Coaching coaching, I’ll help you cultivate the patience and compassion necessary to explore your pain situation in a way that helps you uncover root causes. I’ll help you discover and make optimal choices for regaining some of your vitality and your health.
Together we’ll move toward a more active future where pain, fatigue, and mental / emotional distress isn’t controlling you, and you’ll know how to help yourself–beyond opening the medicine cabinet. You’ll meet this challenge as the unique opportunity it is to get curious about your life, to determine what is/isn’t working for you, and to make adjustments that will help you both now and in the future.
Some Ways To Relieve Your Chronic Pain
The perception of pain as a subjective, individual experience has traditionally been viewed as an obstacle to healing chronic pain. And this is partly true: no one is more familiar with your pain than YOU. This intimacy presents you with a unique opportunity and power to work with your pain in ways other people simply cannot. To achieve lasting relief, you can explore how YOUR experience of pain affects all the layers of your system–including your mind, breath, emotions, and body–and play an active role in your treatment. Here are some resources that will get you on the path to chronic pain relief:
Highlighted Pain Relief Articles
- The Mind is a Powerful Force When it Comes to Pain – As you might expect, the stress-pain loop also applies to other types of pain, such as back pain.
- How Stress Feeds Migraines: & Something You Can Do About It – Gary Keil, in his article titled “Chronic Pain and Leadership”, says it beautifully: “when pain hits it is wonderfully designed to completely overwhelm every other system.” This means the efficiency and effectiveness of our mind-body systems naturally decrease due to pain.
- Standing Up for Yourself When You’re Feeling Down – My clients often see doctors and other practitioners to help them manage a long-term illness or chronic condition. Regardless of who else my clients see, part of my job as a Mind-body Wellness Coach is to help them ask good questions about their situation and their treatments, so they . . .
- What is your health challenge here to teach you? – If your challenge with your health–or your career, or your relationship(s)–was here to teach you something, what would it be? Stop and ask that question for a brief moment. What arises within you as an answer? While this lesson likely has different specifics for each person, I invite you to consider that at the highest level, the lesson is . . . .
- That ouchy, achy, uncooperative body! – If you frequently experience aches and pains around your neck and shoulder areas, you could be suffering from a relatively new condition: text neck. As we look down at our devices, the angle of our neck can be anywhere from 0-60 degrees; as the degree increases, so does the force of gravity upon our cervical spines—from 10-12 lbs. with a 0 degree angle (i.e. “good posture”) to a whopping 60 lbs.
Highlighted Pain Relief Videos
|Chronic pain can create tension in the neck, shoulders, and upper back, contributing to headaches. Here’s a simple technique you can try for relief:||The best relief for back pain depends on many factors. Here is a movement that may help, but if it doesn’t, you might need a different one:|
What People Are Saying
Kali took the time to understand my physical condition instead of just throwing out a generic routine. I have back issues and she catered the routine to help me out in those areas. My feeling was she actually cared, which is quite rare to find in my experience. Another aspect I really enjoyed about Kali was that she attempted to hold you accountable and ensure you were putting in the work. -Greg P.
Kali helped me take better care of myself. I learned how to keep from re-injuring myself and my pain decreased. The homework assignments encouraged me to make lifestyle changes. -Don O.
My main complaints were wrist and side-torso pain, as well as feeling out of sorts. At the end of the treatment I felt completely relaxed and re-energized. Over the next couple of days not only did I feel great, the wrist and side pain, which had plagued me for a number of days, completely disappeared. -Robert Gracey, MAc, DiplAc (NCCAOM), LAc
I suffer from chronic low back pain due to my herniated discs and PT and chiropractic therapy were helping in the short term. That’s when I got to meet Kali through work. I started taking her yoga and meditation class offerings and started seeing immediate benefits. -Prasad, R.