- Take much longer than the recommended 10-20 minutes experts say it should take you to fall asleep1,
- Wake up in the middle of the night, unable to return to a restful sleep,
- Have trouble getting your body to relax, or your mind to be quiet enough to sleep,
- Wake still feeling tired, or find that you have a lot less energy than you’d like during your days,
- Have been researching how to get better sleep for awhile, tried a lot of different things, and still feel like you haven’t solved your problem,
Then you’ve come to the right place. I’d like to show you how you can get more refreshing sleep and improved energy for the long-term.
Why I Care About Your Sleep
I care about helping you sleep better because I know firsthand what it feels like to have tried everything, and still suffer through days fatigued, in a complete fog.
After years of trouble, I finally talked with my doctor and qualified to participate in a sleep study. When I crawled into the cold, sterile hospital bed, I was connected to lots of wires, and several people behind a one-way mirror had the job of observing me. To my surprise, when they woke me at 6 am, all indications were there was nothing wrong. Despite no formal diagnosis, my doctor gave me a prescription. I took the drug for a few weeks, ensuring a new kind of groggy each morning. Unhappy with these results, I went the holistic route, dabbling with Valerian, Melatonin, etc. Each worked for a time, but overall, the restless, sleepless nights continued. Sometimes I’d have trouble falling asleep—either my body would be restless, and I couldn’t lie still. Often my mind would race, either planning the future or ruminating about what happened. Other times I’d just wake at 3 am. It really seemed hopeless.
Years later, I learned I was focusing my attention and efforts in the wrong places. Once I knew where and how to make the right changes, my sleep dramatically improved. I woke feeling refreshed. My energy level became sustainable throughout the busiest of days. I’m living proof that different sleep and energy is possible, and now I want to help you experience the difference!
Ways To Improve Your Sleep Situation
Getting better sleep requires shifting how you think about rest and energy and making some lifestyle tweaks. You must have the right information and take small steps toward retraining your mind-body system. Here are some resources that will get you on the path to waking refreshed:
|Access Articles & Videos About Sleep||Explore Self-Study Options||Schedule an Initial Conversation||Enlist Your Personal Coach|
|Looking for someone to speak about improving sleep at your business or organization? Learn about my most popular talks/workshops, and let’s connect about scheduling.|
Why Sleep is Critical for Optimal Health & Wellness
The experts may need 6 months to technically label your sleep challenges as insomnia2, but you’ve likely felt the effects after just a few difficult nights. Some immediate effects of not sleeping well include:
- a decreased ability to modulate your appetite,
- an increase in tendencies toward depression and anxiety,
- a decrease in your immune system’s ability to fight off infections,
- a reduction in your brain power and therefore, focus and productivity3, 4,
- poor decision making and reduced capacity for learning and creativity, and
- decreased resilience when handling stress or conflict in relationships with others5
Some long-term impacts of troubled sleep include:
- increased risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, stroke6, heart disease, cancer, obesity, dementia / Alzheimer’s7, and even death8!,
- healthcare costs that are twice that of someone who sleeps well,
- a lifetime earning potential less than half that of someone who sleeps well9, and
- challenging romantic relationships and social interactions that may make it difficult to maintain strong support systems5.
Your energy, and how you use it, is vital for your short and long-term livelihood. You use energy for work, family, hobbies, creative endeavors, and doing day-to-day tasks for yourself. It’s critically important to get on the path to waking refreshed.
What People Are Saying
Kali tailored a practice specifically for me — my health and fitness goals and my “on the go busy lifestyle”. I use my practice till this day, especially the breathing ones, for sleep and stress.
The homework assignments encouraged me to make lifestyle changes. The breathing exercise is very remarkable, it helps me to relax and sleep better.
The breathing techniques have helped me fall asleep faster and wake up feeling refreshed. Kali is very knowledgeable.
Kali gave several techniques I could use to achieve relaxing and restorative sleep, which supported the “out of the box” way she’s looking at this wide-spread craving.