- Have been on countless diets over the years, have trouble sticking to them, or inevitably gain the weight back,
- Feel your self-confidence or self-esteem would improve if you could just get comfortable in your own skin,
- Know what you should eat but can’t seem to make yourself actually do it,
- Binge and/or over eat, until you feel sick physically or mentally/emotionally,
- Spend too much time and energy worrying about your food and your weight,
Then you’ve come to the right place. I’d like to show you how you can discover a healthy, pleasurable, and therefore sustainable diet (as in, “way of eating”) that works for you and your lifestyle.
Why I Care About How You Eat
I remember my mind telling me I wasn’t hungry, and my body driving me to consume everything in the pantry. I remember treating myself to 4 dinners in one evening. I remember individually wrapping cookies in Post-it notes written to myself about why I shouldn’t eat each one, yet flying through a case as if possessed.
The fact that I had no willpower was an understatement. And it was a fallacy; neither food, nor my willpower around it, was the real problem. For a long time I thought it was, and so I tried different diets, different ways of tracking and measuring my food, and I even went to an Overeaters Anonymous meeting and had a sponsor! I thought something was terribly wrong with me.
Later, I was fortunate learn something revolutionary: that healthy eating has little to do with willpower, and that there was actually NOTHING wrong with me. I learned why my lack of progress, and even my “craziest” behavior made complete sense. Once I recognized and accepted that my mind-body system was smarter than I was, that it was trying to tell me something very true and very important (which I didn’t necessarily want to hear!), I was able to take a different path.
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein
I understand that your situation is unique. I want to help you get curious and discover just what your challenge with food, weight, and body image might be here to teach you. I’ll bet it’s something very interesting and that it might change the rest of your life!
Ways To Improve Your Relationship with Food
Yes, you have a relationship with food. You also have a relationship with your body. Are these relationships healthy or unhealthy? I believe that deep down, you know the answers to these questions. Finding a balance between healthy and pleasurable eating requires more than the next quick-fix diet. Losing weight and keeping it off requires shifting your mindset so your behavior shifts without force. If these are new concepts, they just may be the answer you’ve been looking for. I invite you to explore these resources to start you on your journey:
|Access Articles & Videos|
About Healthy Eating
|Explore Self-Study Options||Schedule an Initial Conversation||Enlist Your Personal Coach|
|Looking for someone to speak about healthy eating at your business or organization? Learn about my most popular talks/workshops, and let’s connect about scheduling.|
Why It’s Important To Get Off the Dieting Roller Coaster
Studies have shown that:
- “People tend to seek high-calorie, high-fat foods during periods of stress, though when people are stressed, their bodies store more fat than when they are relaxed”1
- “Hyper-palatable” foods counteract stress and make us feel better (at least in the short-term)2
- Attempting to monitor and/or restrict caloric intake actually INCREASES the stress response, which means that dieting can make your weight problem worse.3
- Stress may also be why over 80% of dieters gain the weight back (plus some) within a couple years, and why each subsequent “diet attempt” gets more challenging.4
Reducing stress is important, and it’s likely just one aspect of your unique journey. Others include:
- Adjusting your eating speed and rhythm
- Experimenting with the macro-nutrient balance that’s appropriate for YOUR mind-body system’s optimal functioning
- The pleasure you allow yourself to receive from food through your senses (responsible for a whopping 30-40% of your digestive capacity!)5
- Expressing your unique gifts through your work, hobbies, or other activities
- Connecting with other human beings in a way that “fills you up”
- And many more…
I want you to look and feel your best while eating foods you actually enjoy. I want you to take the excess time and energy you currently put into worrying about your food, your weight, and your body and put it back into your LIFE!
What People Are Saying
After only a few sessions, I am paying attention to things I never would have before. I have slowed down the pace of my eating, which in turn helps me to eat less. I have found more healthy ways of managing my stress-which has helped me to avoid eating mindlessly and over consuming things that are not good for me.
Never once did I feel judged in any way. … I lost 28 lbs, and it feels like it was effortless. What I found in the process is that it is so much more than the eating, it is about life and how you live it … balancing things and being gentle with yourself. Kali helped me do that.
I always felt comfortable even when I was pushed past my comfort zone. It feels so wonderful to continue to be amazed at how just a few moves and breathing can change your life, how you feel, increase your self-esteem, how you carry yourself, how you feel inside … centered.
Kali is a very intuitive yoga teacher and healer. She is able to provide amazing yoga instruction/therapy, meditation coaching, Reiki healing, nutrition advice and so much more! Her energy is amazing! As a healer myself I have worked with her and seen great results and would not hesitate to refer patients to her.