I created this recipe because my system does best with lots of protein. I’m also gluten free and (mostly) dairy free; I’ve suggested particular brands that I like in this regard, but your favorites will work too.
- 2 slices bread — e.g. Canyon Bakehouse (GF)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mayo — e.g. Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo (DF)
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- An equal amount of tuna (to the avocado) — e.g. 1/3 jar Tonnino (in olive oil)
- Organic pea shoots (or other microgreens)
- English cucumber
- Salt &/or pepper to taste
- Put bread in toaster or oven on broil.
- While the bread is toasting, mix the lemon juice, mayo, avocado, and tuna together in a small bowl.
- Top each slice of bread with half of the mixture.
- Add pea shoots or microgreens, and then top the whole thing with thin slices of cucumber.
- Season with salt and pepper.