A few weeks ago I made up the base of this dish. It’s still a work-in-progress but hopefully it will give you some interesting ideas for a healthy and tasty dish that will last for several meals!
- 2 packages gluten free udon noodles
- 2 packages silken tofu (firm)
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 large broccoli crown
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 15oz can baby corns
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms
- Olive oil 1
- White Miso soup paste 2
- Salt and pepper
- Start a pot of water boiling.
- Chop tofu into bite-sized cubes and place on baking sheet (I covered the sheet with aluminum foil and sprayed it lightly with coconut spray). Place in the oven on Hi Broil (middle rack or lower!)
- Chop noodles in half and add to boiling water.3 Cook only 2 minutes! Strain then mix with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsps miso soup paste. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Chop shallot and ginger and add when wok is hot.
- When aromatic (5 mins or so) add chopped broccoli.
- When broccoli is brighter green, add chopped red pepper, baby corns, and smooshed4 shiitake mushrooms.
- In another 5 mins or so, add in noodles. Remove tofu from oven and add (it should be lightly crisped and brown around the edges). Then add in another Tbsp oil and miso.
- Mix and cook until all is warm, another 3-5 mins. Serve immediately. Top with paprika if desired.
Serves 6-8. Takes ~30 mins.
- 1 I used garlic-flavored, but if you like garlic I could see adding some actual garlic at the same time as the ginger and shallots.
- 2This is the super secret ingredient!
- 3If you use the noodles I did, warning: don’t dump these right into the pot, otherwise others will be amused while you hastily try to fish out the “do not eat” sack before you poison yourself and your dinner guests
- 4You could chop these I suppose, but I’m lazy, so I just literally smooshed them a bit between my fingers while washing them