Austin, TX, October 27, 2015: Kali Patrick of A Journey Into Health announced today that she has successfully completed Module 1 of locally-owned Yoga Yoga’s Yoga Therapy Training Program. According to the Yoga Yoga web site, this “Yoga Therapy in Practice” module includes “… applied practice and hands-on workshops in:
- Mobilizing the spine to relieve chronic issues such as lower back pain, shoulder impingement & neck injuries
- Holistically addressing sports injuries, headaches, insomnia, anxiety &depression
- Addressing imbalances of the endocrine system such as diabetes & thyroid disorder
- Building mobility & strength to relieve arthritis & osteoporosis
- Adjusting practices for digestive conditions such as IBS & GERD
- Understanding the benefits and side-effects of common medications
- Supporting clients experiencing PTSD & addiction
- Calming the body & mind through stress reduction techniques, lifestyle changes, Ayurveda [an Eastern, holistic system of medicine] & functional pranayama [breathing techniques]
- Effectively communicating with students in individual & group settings
- Assessing complex conditions using advanced intake & teaching methods
- Adapting & modifying for students in gentle practices, including chair yoga, yoga for seniors, restorative yoga & deep relaxation”
Additionally this training serves as a completion of Kali’s 500-hour Hatha Yoga certification; by reaching an additional milestone–reaching 1000+ hours of teaching group yoga classes–she has also officially earned Yoga Alliance’s E-RYT® designation*.
Kali offers privates in therapeutic yoga, healing Reiki sessions & training, as well as Eating Psychology and self-care coaching as part of A Journey Into Health. She is currently based in North Austin, Texas.
*The yoga therapy components of my instruction are based on this training, and are not derived from my status as an RYT/E-RYT with Yoga Alliance Registry.