- 6 scallops (the Whole Foods seafood guy loves me for this! But it makes 1 serving. 🙂 )
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of chopped garlic (more or less to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- Place the olive oil at the center of the pan and turn the heat on high.
- Salt and pepper one side of your scallops.
- Set the garlic in the center of the oil.
- When everything starts to spit, you’re in the right place! Distribute the oil around the pan, then add the scallops salt-n-pepper face down, and press them down. Salt and pepper the exposed side.
- IMPORTANT: Do not move the scallops for about 5-6 minutes. Go about your business. Empty the dishwasher, like I did. 🙂
- After the time has passed, flip the scallops using tongs (easiest, although a spatula or fork could work too). Leave alone for another 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer the scallops to a plate, and if you like scoop any remaining, toasty garlic/oil on top.
- Enjoy with your favorite veggie side dish.
See how quick it really was! Watch the time-lapse video.
Perfect Garlic Scallops