I love fish, and my favorite is sea bass. So when it’s available, I get a fillet or two. While I do feel this fish is beautiful enough to be simply baked or broiled, here’s a slightly different spin. (Assuming you also enjoy hearts of palm!)
- 2-4 fresh sea bass fillets
- 1/2 – 1c vegetable broth
- 1-2 15 oz cans hearts of palm
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Garlic (as desired–IMHO one can never over-do garlic!)
- Salt & pepper (as desired)
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until slightly browned.
- Add sea bass fillets, sprinkling with desired amount of S&P. Cook for a few minutes, until the fillets are beginning to look cooked on the edges.
- Add vegetable broth and hearts of palm.
- Cover, and simmer until sea bass fillets are cooked through.
- Since this is a very “white” protein/veggie, consider serving it with a side veggie that has some color, like green beans.
- This dish might look lovely over a bed of wilted spinach, and the extra broth might be nice over a scoop of rice as well.